- Children and babies keep us young.
- The best bagels are lenders egg bagels with plain cream cheese cooked in the toaster oven.
- It’s possible to be a strong woman, and still live life with grace and kindness.
- I can be a great mom, even if I’m not the best cook.
- There’s no sweeter smell than that of lilacs and lily of the valley, scents I will always associate with the many, many happy days spent at her house.
- You don’t need much in life to have everything you need.
- Everyone, even the most patient people, have their breaking point, a line that they just can’t tolerate being crossed. For her, that line was spilt milk.
- Family always comes first, and even when you have nothing to give, you still give them everything.
My Grandma did give us everything and more. It’s hard to reconcile this world without her in it. But, I feel like I still have all that she gave me over my life and I will always be grateful to have had her here for so long teaching me so much about how to live and love.